Welcome to the Student Wellbeing Innovation Fund
The $3.2 million Student Wellbeing Innovation Fund (2023-2024) encourages bold, and innovative programs and initiatives to improve the mental health and wellbeing of students from Preschool to Year 12 in all school settings in New South Wales.
The Fund opened on Monday 20 February 2023 and is administered by the NSW Department of Education.
How to apply
- Applications can only be made via the SmartyGrants portal at studentwellbeing.smartygrants.com.au
- Applications close on Sunday, 2 April 2023, at 11:59 pm AEDT.
Download and review the Student Wellbeing Innovation Fund Program Guidelines
Applicants can apply for a one-off grant of:
- up to $50,000 (ex GST)
- $50,000 to $200,000 (ex GST)
About the Fund
The Fund provides an opportunity for providers of wellbeing programs and initiatives to:
- Build upon existing quality-assured, evidence-based student wellbeing programs and initiatives to enable further expansion of programs and initiatives to new cohorts listed in the priority areas.
- Develop new, bespoke programs and initiatives to address student wellbeing via development funding, enabling providers to research, create, develop and test new approaches to supporting and addressing student wellbeing.
Objectives of the Fund
There are five Priority Areas for applications under the Student Wellbeing Innovation Fund, embedding the wellbeing elements of belonging, resilience and behaviour, including:
- Primary school-aged students
- Students transitioning to Kindergarten and to High School
- Students living in regional and remote areas
- Students from target cohorts, including First Nations and culturally and linguistically diverse students; students with additional needs and/or disabilities; students from a migrant or refugee background; and female students
- Cyber health.
- Download and read the guidelines
- Ensure you meet the Fund’s:
- eligibility criteria
- program objectives
- program priorities
- application requirements.
- Register with SmartyGrants and/or submit your application using the SmartyGrants portal at studentwellbeing.smartygrants.com.au Remember: applications can only be made through SmartyGrants.
- Submit your application before Sunday 2 April 2023 at 11:59 pm AEDT.
Visit the Frequently Asked Questions