A registered Australian charity which delivers best practice mentoring services to secondary students across NSW.
Who we are
Raise specialises in increasing youth wellbeing, engagement and academic confidence. Our early intervention mentoring programs help young people at risk of disengaging to become resilient, capable and connected. Our qualified counsellors deliver industry-leading mentoring programs with a strong social-emotional learning focus. We have supported thousands of high school students since 2009.
Where we operate
Who we can help
What we do
Raise provides fully supervised, evidence-based, one-on-one mentoring programs for Year 7 to 10 students who are at risk of disengaging. Raise also provides industry-leading mentor training for teachers.
This School Mentoring Opportunity (ISMO) program provides early-intervention support. This program aims to help students:
- increase their engagement with school and community,
- develop academic confidence
- build resilience
- increase communication skills
- identify and achieve goals
- develop relationships
- increase employability skills
- identify trusted adults to talk to
- encourage help-seeking behaviour.
The program involves groups of 12 to 15 students and takes place in school. It is managed by a qualified program counsellor. The program is designed to help students who are:
- experiencing poor mental or physical health
- struggling with attendance and/or completing work
- feeling isolated in the playground, experiencing bullying or friendship issues
- dealing with family breakdowns or other significant changes.
Raise recruits and trains community volunteers who become 'neutral, positive' role models for students. All mentors complete compulsory youth safety checks and undergo 12 hours of training. The ISMO program includes a student information session, mentee orientation session, graduation celebration and comprehensive evaluation.
Costs: The cost of Raise Foundation’s Ismo program can be negotiated depending on your ability to contribute.
0419 633 881