Module 1 – About this course
The professional learning for Positive Behaviour for Learning (PBL) includes a series of training components undertaken over time. Each component is designed to build the capacity to implement positive learning and wellbeing supports relevant to students, school and classroom context across the Care Continuum. Training components include:
- Tier 1 Universal prevention: school-wide systems
- Tier 1 Classroom systesm of support
- Tier 2 Targeted interventions and supports
- Tier 3 Intensive individualised supports
- PBL in the preschool.
- focuses on preventing inappropriate behaviour across the whole school
- is the foundation for all other positive behaviour for learning components
- provides the research and framework underpinning the whole school approach.
- design systems that fit their context, focusing on supporting staff to be consistent
- collect and use data to inform decision-making
- put evidence-based teaching and learning practices in place that encourage appropriate behaviour.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- understand PBL school-wide systems and practices
- develop, implement, monitor and evaluate the 7 essential features of school-wide systems and practices
- use data to inform decision making
- explain the benefits of positive, proactive and instructional approach to behaviour management.