What is Positive Behaviour for Learning?
Positive Behaviour for Learning (PBL) is an evidence-based, a whole school framework to support the learning and wellbeing needs and outcomes of all students.
Positive behaviour for learning:
- develops a positive, safe and supportive school climate in which students can learn and develop
- involves the school community working together
- empowers student voice through active participation
- is a evidence and strengths based framework
- provides a continuum of evidence-based interventions
- integrates academic and behaviour initiatives
- decreases reactive behaviour management
- improves support for all students, particularly those with emotional and behavioural difficulties
- is for all students, staff and community involved in school activities.
Outcomes for positive behaviour for learning:
- systems that support teaching, learning and leading
- learning environments that encourage pro-social behaviour
- teach all students what’s expected of them
- continuum of support for all students.