About Positive Behaviour for Learning
The professional e-learning for Positive Behaviour for Learning (PBL) includes a series of training components undertaken over time. Each component is designed to build the capacity to implement positive learning, wellbeing and behaviour supports relevant to students, school and classroom context across the Care Continuum. Training components include:
- Introduction to Positive Behaviour for Learning
- Tier 1 Universal prevention: school-wide systems
- Tier 1 Classroom systems of support
- Tier 2 Targeted interventions and supports
- Tier 3 Intensive individualised supports
- PBL in the preschool
- PBL introduction to functional behaviour assessment
This professional learning:
- is the foundation for all other PBL components
- provides the research and framework underpinning the whole school approach.
- design systems that fit their context, focusing on supporting staff to be consistent
- collect and use data to inform decision-making
- put preventative, early intervention, targeted and individualised evidence-based teaching and learning practices in place that encourage appropriate behaviour.
The course provides the foundational knowledge and language to build on in the other positive behaviour for learning professional learning.
Information for this course was based on PBIS Missouri and contextualised for NSW Department of Education schools.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- understand positive behaviour for learning school-wide systems and practices
- align to the educational context
- explain the benefits of positive, proactive and instructional approach to behaviour management.