PBL in Preschool
Positive Behaviour for Learning (PBL) in Preschools focusses on flexible, readily available early interventions for all children to reinforce developmentally appropriate behaviour, social and emotional skills. PBL in the Preschool is for preschool staff and PBL team members in primary schools to align behavioural and wellbeing systems and practices between the preschool and school. This course builds understanding of how PBL and the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) align to support effective practices around guiding children's behaviour. This course supports schools to develop whole school systems around PBL in the preschool.
By the end of the eLearning, participants will be able to:
- be part of the preschool team to manage behaviour and social/emotional skills
- understand the educational context with PBL and the Early Years Learning Framework
- develop, teach and encourage the school-wide behavioural expectations
- develop systems for responding to appropriate and inappropriate behaviour
- incorporate stakeholder involvement
- use data to inform decision making about interventions, strategies, systems and practices
- develop systems to sustain and improve behaviour management
- align systems and practices within the preschool and primary school to facilitate student learning and transitions.