The initiative has resulted in improved staff confidence and teaching practice. Teachers use learning intentions, success criteria and have a strong focus on formative assessment. Teachers have now embedded evidence-based, high impact teaching strategies within their classroom practice.
The impact on student learning was evaluated via internal and external assessments. Evidence of the impact includes:
- Value Added (3-5) - Sustaining & Growing
- NAPLAN Expected Growth - Reading 64.56% (Baseline 58.63%)
- NAPLAN Top 2 Bands - Reading 40.96% (Baseline 35.94%)
- 97% of teachers reported lessons differentiated according to students' needs
- 77% of teachers provided students with the opportunity to use self-assessment against learning intentions and success criteria.