Bert Evans Apprentice Scholarships
Finishing your apprenticeship training can be tough when you’ve experienced hardship. The Bert Evans Apprentice Scholarships are there to help.
Applications for 2021 Bert Evans Apprentice Scholarships are now open.
About Bert Evans Apprentice Scholarships
Scholarships are available to assist apprentices in NSW who have demonstrated:
- hardship in their personal circumstances
- aptitude for vocational education and training that leads to successful completion of their trade training
- a positive attitude and application in workplace and off-the-job training.
Scholarships are open to NSW registered apprentices in both metropolitan and country areas, including school based apprentices.
There will be a maximum of 100 Scholarships awarded in 2021, including up to 27 Scholarships for Indigenous Apprentices under the Western Sydney City Deal and up to 10 for apprentices who have completed one of the ‘Fit For Work’ programs under the NSW Police Commissioner’s RISEUP strategy.
To be eligible the apprentice must:
- be an Australian citizen or hold permanent resident status
- be a first year apprentice in an apprenticeship arrangement that commenced between 1 March 2020 and 28 May 2021
- be registered in NSW and employed by an employer based in NSW
- have experienced hardship in their life.
Scholarships for Targeted Programs
In addition to the general category, applicants may apply under separate categories if they meet the above eligibility criteria AND the following targeted program criteria:
Western Sydney City Deal
- have Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background
- work within the following council areas:
- Blue Mountains City Council
- Camden Council
- Campbelltown City Council
- Fairfield City Council
- Hawkesbury City Council
- Liverpool City Council
- Penrith City Council
- Wollondilly Shire Council
NSW Police Commissioner’s RISEUP strategy
- have completed one of the 'Fit For Work' programs
- provide a letter of support from PCYC or the NSW Police Force confirming the successful completion of the 'Fit For Work' program.
The Scholarships are worth $5,000 each year for up to three years.
Applicants must be active in an approved apprenticeship at the time of being awarded the Scholarship.
Continued funding is subject to the Scholarship holder maintaining their eligibility during the life of the Scholarship as outlined in the Bert Evans Apprentice Scholarships Guidelines.
How to Apply
Applications for a Bert Evans Apprentice Scholarship close on Friday 28 May 2021.
Application for the Scholarship may be made by the apprentice or another person on their behalf.
To apply for the 2021 Bert Evans Apprentice Scholarships:
- Download the Bert Evans Apprentice Scholarships Guidelines
2. Register or login to apply through our online Application Portal (https://bertevans.scholarshipsplatform.com/)
Alternatively you could phone your local Training Services NSW office on 13 28 11 and ask for a copy of the Application Form and the Bert Evans Apprentice Scholarships Guidelines.
The completed application will require a statement each from the employer and a representative of the Registered Training Organisation.
Application forms and accompanying statements/documents must be submitted online or returned to the relevant Regional Office on or before Friday 28th May 2021.
For all enquiries please phone 13 28 11.