Role of an apprentice or trainee
Apprentices and trainees have specific roles and responsibilities when they sign up to complete their apprenticeship or traineeship training.
Apprentices and trainees have responsibilities or obligations under the Apprenticeship and Traineeship Act 2001. Additional obligations may be outlined in the training contract signed at the commencement of the apprenticeship or traineeship.
What are my responsibilities as an apprentice or trainee?
You must make every effort to acquire the skills and knowledge needed to complete your apprenticeship or traineeship.
You can do this by:
- accepting instruction and training in your vocation given by the employer or by a workplace supervisor
- attending scheduled training delivered by your registered training organisation
- completing assignments and other tasks set by your training organisation
- maintaining the competency record book or work evidence guide if you have been issued one
- always notifying your supervisor if you are running late or unable to come to work, TAFE or another place of study
- notifying Training Services NSW if there are changes to your personal details such as name, home address, postal address or if you have any concerns about completing your apprenticeship or traineeship.