Students are notified of the outcome of their selective high schools application in September or October each year.
Offer of placement
- Complete, sign and return the offer response form to the school. Offers will lapse if responses are not received by the due date advised with the offer. Offers made by telephone generally require a response within 48 hours.
- Advise the school if you change your mind about accepting an offer. The next person on the reserve list can then be offered the place.
- An 'Authority to enrol' will be sent to applicants on acceptance of an offer. Records of public school students will be transferred as part of this process.
- Offers will be withdrawn if the student fails to enrol at the school at the beginning of the school year without satisfactory explanation. Enrolment may not be deferred beyond the Day 1, Term 2 of the year of intended enrolment. Any deferment must be negotiated with the principal.
- If you decline the offer, you will be sent a confirmation letter.
Offers or enrolments will be terminated if placement is made on the basis of false or misleading information.
Applicants will be advised if they are placed on a reserve list for any of their chosen schools. The school will contact applicants if a place becomes available.
Applicants can request a review of a selection committee's decision under the following conditions.
- A review request can be made of one school only.
- The request must be in writing – emailed, faxed or posted to the school.
- The request must be received by the selective high school within 14 days of the outcome advice being sent.
A review will be made if:
- the selection committee did not follow its own published criteria
- something unforeseen and beyond the control of the applicant or student compromised the student's performance in the assessments – provided the grounds are not excluded by the list below.
Not grounds for a review
The following are not usually considered grounds for a review.
- Disruption to schooling for reasons other than a medical condition – a request for a review will not be granted on the basis of family travel, moving, participation in entertainment, sport, excursions or similar activities.
- Anxiety, depression, long-term illness or condition which affected the student's ability to demonstrate academic merit or performance in the assessments.
- Incomplete documentation – it is the applicant's responsibility to provide all required documentary evidence at the time of application.
- Another student's entry to a selective high school – entry to selective school is determined using a number of measures which may differ from classroom assessment.
Parents will be notified the outcome of their request within 14 days of submission.