Your child's participation
The information on this page is for parents and carers, and how they can support their child to participate in the Tell Them From Me student survey. If you do not wish your child to participate in Tell Them From Me, complete a non-consent form and send it to your school.
About the survey
The Tell Them From Me student survey asks students about a range of school experiences, including their engagement and wellbeing at school and beyond. It also asks students about teaching practices and the learning environment.
The survey takes about 20 minutes to complete.
Explaining the survey to your child
- Your child will be filling out an online survey called ‘Tell Them From Me’.
- This survey is an opportunity for them to let their teachers know how they are going at school.
- The survey will ask your child how engaged they are with their learning, different ways that their teachers teach them in class, how supported they feel at school, and more.
- Your child’s responses are confidential, which means their teachers won't know how they have answered.
- Please encourage your child to answer as honestly as they can. There are no right or wrong answers. The school just wants to hear what they think and their responses will help to improve their school. Some of the questions are there to help the school understand students and how to best meet their needs.
- If your child is unsure how to answer them, they can skip these questions.
- They can skip any question that they don’t feel comfortable answering.
- If your child would like to talk about any of the questions in this survey, please encourage them to talk to their teacher, their Year Adviser, the school counsellor or the school psychologist.