Special test provisions
Applicants may request special provisions because of a disability, medical or behavioural condition – a medical certificate or other supporting documentation is required.
All students with a disability, medical or behavioural condition will be given individual consideration by selection committees.
- Requests for special provisions for the Opportunity Class Placement Test are made through the 'Opportunity class placement application' online.
- Special provisions will not normally be granted if a student does not require them in class – however, students will not necessarily receive the same provisions as previously granted.
- The unit will try to assist in emergency situations, such as a broken arm just prior to the test, but special test provisions for existing conditions cannot be modified or added to after Wednesday 11 July 2018 and those requested for the first time after this date cannot be guaranteed.
All applications will be assessed individually – the High Performing Students Unit may contact the school or applicant to discuss the request. The applicant, student's current public primary school principal and the person in charge of the test will be advised in writing of any special provisions granted for the test.
Parents should advise the Unit at the time of application if their child suffers a condition that makes it possible other students may be disturbed during the test. In these cases the Unit may be able to arrange for your child to be supervised in a separate room for testing.
Test supervisors are not trained in first aid or administration of life-saving medication so parents must disclose medical information and be available to wait at the test centre to administer medication, if required.
Where special test provisions are not granted, applicants may lodge an illness/misadventure claim.
Examples of special provisions
Some possible test provisions for disabilities, medical or behavioural conditions include:
- large print test papers
- FM transmitters
- test papers printed on a specific colour
- separate seating or a seat at the front of the test room.
Use of a computer, scribe or extra time are not provided for the Opportunity Class Placement Test.
Any special provisions granted will not give an advantage to a student.