English language proficiency
The loading for English language proficiency is a resource allocation to support students learning English as an additional language or dialect (EAL/D) who are migrants, refugees or humanitarian entrants or the children of migrants, refugees or humanitarian entrants.
- This loading is to be used to support the English language learning of EAL/D students in your school in the year allocated.
- This loading may be allocated as a teaching component, as flexible funding or a combination of both.
- Teaching allocations should be filled by qualified EAL/D teachers wherever possible.
- Flexible funding can be used to employ EAL/D teaching staff (for example $22,984 equals approximately 0.2 full-time equivalent (FTE) teaching allocation at standard cost), to provide EAL/D professional learning for teachers or bilingual support for students.
- This loading may be combined with funding from other sources to support the needs of EAL/D students.