- actively model change and lead professional learning for staff as per the School Leadership Strategy
- engage community for the purpose of enhancing School Excellence
- consistently respect and value all members of the community
- actively listen to the community
- are visible, approachable and ensure that the same is true for all staff
- attend and host community events
- attend partner school events and parent meetings
- hold staff, students and parents accountable through consistent evaluative processes
- support aspiring leaders.
Leadership at all levels
Dynamic, confident leaders and school leadership teams who value the input of all members of the broader school community.
Supporting parents’ transition to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
Halinda School proactively engaged with community agencies and local stakeholders implementing the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) to develop accessible information networks that would service the ongoing needs of parents and their children.
The school worked with community agencies to meet parent registration requirements in the NDIS. The school produced an NDIS newsletter for parents and caregivers and drew on interagency services, NDIS personnel, parents and teachers to jointly facilitate workshops every term. Key parent leaders worked with the school in developing and implementing information expos and parent educational initiatives. The expos enhanced parental/care giver advocacy, provided the opportunity for access to appropriate services and supported parents/carers with skills in negotiation and planning requirements.