Information for contractors
Video for contractors
How to use School Visitor Check-in
- Install the Service NSW app on your smartphone using the App Store for your Apple phone or Google Play for your Android phone.
- Look for the QR code at school reception and scan using the QR code reader on your mobile device.
- Alternatively, you can open the Service New South Wales app on your mobile device, select School Visitor Check-in, and scan the QR code.
- If you don't have your own device, the school will have one available for web form check-in.
- If you're already logged in, check to make sure your details are correct.
- Select contractor as your visitor type or other if you're volunteering or holding a special event.
- Enter the organization you're from and your reason for visiting.
- Your reason for visiting will be your FM web job number if you have been assigned one.
- Once you have signed in, the school will issue your visitor identification.
- When your visit is complete, return any visitor ID back to reception and check out using the service New South Wales app or web form on your device.
- By checking out, you assist the school and emergency services in an evacuation event.
- If your work requires you to check-in and out after school hours, please contact your asset management unit officer to find out what your after hours sign-in procedure is.
Check-in and check-out procedures on worksites
Any contractor conducting work on school grounds must visit front reception and use the School Visitor Check-in QR code.
If a contractor is working on a school construction site that cannot be accessed from outside the school perimeter, i.e., a site with hoarding, and they are required to walk across school grounds to access their worksite, then they are required to check-in at the school’s front office reception area, unless they can access the construction area directly from outside the school’s perimeter. In this case, the Project Director for the site is responsible for displaying a COVID-safe QR code for the site at the entrance to the work site and at the site office.
If any contractor leaves their worksite and walks into, through or across school grounds during their working hours, they must check-in at the school’s front reception area regardless of their activity.
Please check out when you leave.
Checking out assists school and emergency services in an evacuation event. If you have not checked out, you are assumed to still be onsite, and will need to be contacted to verify your location.
If your work requires you to check in and out after school hours, please contact your Asset Management Unit Officer to find out what your after-hours sign-in procedure is.
Schools will have QR codes on windows/exteriors of the front office reception area, particularly for contractors and other after-hours visitors.
For security purposes, QR codes can only be accessed from the school reception. If you must conduct work on school grounds after school hours, please contact your AMU beforehand to confirm your after-hours sign in procedure.