Tips to make school easier
School life is much easier - and more enjoyable for all - when kids are organised and stay on top of their homework and assignments. Educational consultant and mum Dr Katherine Bricknell has already helped several of her kids navigate primary, high school and tertiary education, and has some great, practical advice for other parents.
- Print this year's homework planner and show your child how to plan their workload around other activities.
- Stock up on the things your child is most likely to run out of during the year.
- How can you help your child organise their space?
- How can you help your child organise their time?
- Use 'back-to-school' sales to stock-up on stationery items and keep them hidden until needed.
- Use a large calendar to keep track of all the family's schedules.
Video – 'Tips to make high school easier'
Duration – 6:53