T&Cs - EdWeek Photo Competition
Terms and Conditions of Entry for the 2018 EdWeek Photo Competition (the Promotion).
- These terms and condition of entry, including information on how to participate and prize details (Terms), apply to the Promotion. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms.
- The Promoter is NSW Department of Education (ABN 40 300 173 822) of 105 Philip Street Parramatta NSW 2150 (Promoter).
- The Promotion will be open from 12:01am Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on 6 August 2018 until 11:59pm (AEST) on 10 August 2018 (Promotion Period).
- Entrants must check with their parent or caregiver that they consent to them entering the Promotion based on these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry in the Promotion is only open to Australian residents aged 13 years and over who currently reside in New South Wales (NSW) and attend a NSW government school (Eligible Entrants).
- All Eligible Entrants need to have the consent of their parent or caregiver to enter. If selected as the Winner the Student Entrant will be required to complete a Permission to Publish Form, and a Parental Consent Form, which the Promoter will provide at the suitable time. If the forms are not completed they will not be eligible receive the Prize.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
- Upload an EdWeek themed original photograph taken by the Entrant, which is not inappropriate or unsuitable for viewing by children, to their school's social media account with the hashtag #EDWEEK18; and
- Within the post, include a short description explaining the story behind the photo and must not contain inappropriate language or violence; and
- Use one of the aspects of the 2018 Education Week theme as inspiration .
- Only posts by Eligible Entrants submitted during the Promotional Period that contain the Content required by these Terms and the relevant hashtag will be considered.
- Each Eligible Entrant is entitled to one entry only. Multiple posts by the same Eligible Entrant will not be considered. Only the earliest in time of multiple post by the Eligible Entrant will be considered.
- All entries must be an independent creation by the Eligible Entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights, including but not limited to intellectual property rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
- There will be one (1) competition winner.
- The prize is an AWS Deeplens, learning enabled video camera.
- The entry judged to be the best , in the judge’s sole and absolute discretion, will be the Prize Winner.
- The Prize Winner will be notified on the 16th of August, 2018 via contact through the social media platform the hashtag and image used to enter the competition.
- Where the Promoter cannot reasonably contact the Prize Winner within seven (7) days of determining the Prize Winner, the Prize will be forfeited by the Prize Winner to the Promoter. The Prize Winner will have no claim or recourse against the Promoter. The Promoter at its discretion may determine another winner of the Prize.
- The Prize Winner will have seven (7) days to reply to the Promoter with their details upon receiving notification of their win. The Prize Winner is to send his/her Name, Contact Number, Email Address and Address for their prize to be delivered. The Prize will only be delivered to an address in the State of NSW.
- The Promoter reserves the right to select a reserve winner to substitute any Prize Winner who does not respond within seven (7) days from when the Promoter notifies them.
- The Prize Winners’ name will be published on the [insert where] on [insert date].
- The Promoter’s decision on the winner is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the decision.
- The Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The Prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The Prize must be taken as offered.
- If requested by the Promoter, Eligible Entrants must produce, within the time requested by the Promoter at its absolute discretion appropriate photo identification or other documentation, required by the Promoter to verify their identity, age and eligibility to enter the Promotion. If this is not complied with the prize will not be awarded to the Entrant concerned and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of posts, and individuals and to disqualify any individual who submits a photograph or Content that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the Promotion.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any purported Entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period. The Promoter does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times during the Promotion Period.
- If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of being run as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to take any action that may be available to it, including terminating, modifying or suspending the Promotion.
- By entering the Promotion, entrants acknowledge and consent that:
- they may be contacted by the Promoter (or an agent of the Promoter) to provide comments about the Promotion and the Promoter (or an agent of the Promoter) may take photos or recordings of them;
- the Promoter may use any comments obtained from them, their name, and/or likeness, suburb of residence and any photos or recordings taken of them (the Materials) for the Promoter's future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to them ;
- the Promoter may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the Materials as the Promoter wishes at anytime, anywhere, and by any means (including communicating them to the public in any media, including media not yet in existence). The Promoter may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same;
- they grant to the Promoter on creation of the Materials a royalty free, perpetual, exclusive and irrevocable licence to use the Materials for whatever purpose it determines;
- they agree not to institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of their Moral Rights or Copyright in the Materials.
- Eligible Entrants agree and acknowledge that all Entries and any intellectual property rights subsisting in their Entries become and remain the property of the Promoter.
- Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that it is a condition of participation in the Promotion that the entrant be capable with the consent of their parent or caregiver of agreeing to these Terms and giving the consents contained herein.
- The Promoter may communicate or advertise this competition using Facebook. The competition however, is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
- All entries will be the property of the Promoter. The information entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this competition. The Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal information to others assisting in conducting this competition or in communicating with entrants including its contractors and agents, prize suppliers and deliverers, and to authorities that regulate this competition. If an entrant does not truthfully provide all requested personal information, the Promoter may determine that they are not eligible to win the Prize.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter, (including its officers, employees, contractors and agents) exclude all liability, for any personal injury, or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
(c) any entry or Prize claim that is late, altered or lost;
(d) non-receipt of the Prize or damage to the Prize in transit; or
(e) use of the Prize.
- By entering this competition, entrants consent to the use, and disclosure of their information as described, and storage of their personal information on the Promoter’s database. The Promoter is bound by the information protection principles in the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998. Entrants can request access to the personal information the Promoter holds about them by contacting the Promoter at 105 Phillip St, Parramatta, Sydney NSW 2150.