Film by ... Invitation
Dim the lights, take your seats and let the show begin as Education Week celebrates the best of the 2019 Film by ... festival entries.
A virtual student film festival
On Wednesday 5 August Education Week will partner with the Department of Education’s Film by … team to present a virtual film festival of the best of 2019 student short films.
Film by … Invitation debuted last year at the Bryan Brown Theatre in Bankstown with Kensington Public School taking out the inaugural Bryan Brown Prize for best film.
The Film by … Invitation virtual film festival will be livestreamed on Wednesday at midday and will then be available here on demand to be viewed at a time convenient to your school or classroom schedule.
Film by … patron and Australian film legend Bryan Brown will name his festival winner at the festival close, while the Deputy Secretary of the Department of Education, Murat Dizdar, will officially open the event.
Students, parents and teachers are invited to vote for the People’s Choice winner, with the winner announced on Friday, 7 August at midday.
Join the excitement by creating a festival atmosphere at your school and using the event to showcase some of your own students’ films.
Video – 'Film by... Invitation' virtual film festival
Bryan's Pick and People's Choice Award winners
Read the news story to find out the winning films in this year's virtual festival.
Our tips for building a buzz
- Invite your students to dress as their favourite film character or make it a ‘black tie’ event.
- Find some film props such as a red carpet, director’s clapper board or spotlights and decorate the school hall or classroom to create a Hollywood premiere atmosphere.
- Ask the school canteen to join the celebration by selling popcorn and choc tops.
- Use the event as an SRC fundraiser and sell tickets for entry.
- Create a photo booth or have roaming ‘paparazzi’ taking photos that you can share with your school community. #EdWeek20 #Learningtogether
- Invite parents to join the online event from home.
- Encourage students to vote in the People’s Choice award.