Senior Leader Community Engagement
The role of the Senior Leader in Connected Communities schools is to:
- Assist the Executive Principal in the implementation of the Connected Communities strategy in the school and provide a vital link between the school and the local Aboriginal community.
- Take a leadership role with staff and community members in implementing the Connected Communities strategy.
- Provide strategic advice to the Executive Principal on issues related to Aboriginal students, their families and the community regarding education and training for Aboriginal students.
- Work in collaboration with the local Aboriginal Education Consultative Group in developing plans and processes for the teaching of Aboriginal languages and Culture nests.
- Collaborate with key school personnel, the Aboriginal community and the wider community in the implementation and monitoring of strategic initiatives in the school.
- Collaborate with members of other government departments and schools on relevant Connected Communities policies and initiatives within the school.