Primary Industries: Horticulture
Certificate II in Horticulture is the place to start your career as a horticulture assistant. Get your hands dirty as you learn how to create and maintain beautiful gardens, assist in soil sampling and nurture plants back to health.
Is this course right for me?
The industry is increasingly seeking young workers with an understanding of agricultural principles and practices and digital skills as emerging technologies are adopted.
Green city strategies will require workers with skills to work on community and urban gardens, rooftop gardens and vertical green walls.
|Qualification||Course name / code||ATAR eligible||Mandatory placement hours||Virtual delivery available|
|Full Certificate||AHC20416 Certificate II in Horticulture||Yes||70||Yes|
Where can this course take me?
- Gardening and landscaping
- Greenkeeping and plant nursing
- Garden/landscaping labourer
- Horticulture assistant.
- AHC30716 Certificate III in Horticulture
- AHC33719 Certificate III in Protected Horticulture
- AHC40416 Certificate IV in Horticulture
- AHC50416 Diploma of Horticulture.
Subjects that support this career path
- Earth and Environmental Studies
- Outoor Recreation
- Photography and Digital Media
Speak to your school to find out more.