Arts and culture
Arts and culture describes a very broad range of activities that create entertainment and enjoyable experiences for the public. This includes areas such as performance, visual art, books, film,. theatre, media, opera, dance and music. Arts and culture contributes over 6% of Australia’s GDP and is a multi billion dollar industry.
There are both creative and administrative roles available. There are less traditional career pathways in arts and culture as in other professions. Many artists working in the sector are often contractors or self employed. Creating and producing and curating art is vital to Australia’s culture.
- Film and Television professional
- Graphic artist
- Festival director
- Stage Director
- Jewellery Designer
- Visual Artist
Would it suit me?
The industry could suit you if you:
- · Are highly creative
- · Enjoy entertaining people
- · Like working with cultural objects and materials
- · Have a passion for communicating to an audience
- · Love story telling in all different forms
- · Are interested in art and cultural history
How do I get into the industry?
Some of the popular courses in the industry include:
- Certificate III in Design Fundamentals
- Certificate III in Community Dance, Theatre and Events
- Certificate III in Music Industry
- Certificate III in Screen and Media
- Certificate IV in Leisure and Health
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Music
Speak to your school to find out more.