About virtual VET courses
A different way to think about school, combining teacher-led virtual classrooms with workshops and work placements across a range of exciting courses for growth industries.
Video: Start your career at school
Voiceover: Start your career at school. Get job-ready with nationally recognised qualifications that you can do anywhere.
Virtual courses to kick-start your career and boost your HSC and ATAR scores.
Big tech, building design horticulture, social media and more. Your industry is waiting. Start smart.
Contact your career advisor, today.
[End of transcript]
What are virtual VET courses
These courses combine teacher-led virtual classrooms with workshops and work placements across a range of exciting courses for growth industries.
The aim is to connects secondary students across NSW with the skills they’ll need to fill the jobs of the future.
Virtual VET courses offer the following benefits:
- An opportunity to complete a nationally recognised vocational education and training (VET) qualification that contributes to the HSC.
- The opportunity to undertake an HSC examination and have the result potentially contribute to the ATAR as a Category B subject.
- A teacher-led virtual classroom.
- Scheduled workshops for practical, hands-on skills (where applicable).
- 24/7 access to content.
- Collaboration with other students around NSW via the virtual classroom environment.
- Some of the courses offer access to more demanding content from higher level qualifications not usually associated with traditional VET courses for school students.
- Access to leading industry software, simulated workplaces and tools.
Why are these courses being offered?
These courses teach in-demand skills that employers want, and are future-focused, and geared towards emerging and growth industries.
Students can get:
- a head-start in their career
- explore a potential career or ignite a passion
- a pathway to further study and potential employment in growth industries.
These courses provide schools with additional curriculum options to meet the needs of their students.
They are designed for senior secondary school students, with the interest, maturity and skills to engage effectively in the learning.
The courses commence in 2022, delivered across two-years and will be first examined in 2023.