Make-up – Certificate III
This traineeship has been designed as a standard entry level qualification for the Beauty industry. It applies to those wishing to develop the skills and knowledge needed to begin a career in the Beauty industry.
|HSC credit||ATAR pathway|
This qualification reflects the role of individuals employed as make-up artists to design and apply make-up for a range of purposes and occasions across the beauty, fashion, media and entertainment industries.
You must develop a range of well-developed technical and consultation skills where discretion and judgement is required. You will be responsible for your own outputs, including working cooperatively with a range of individuals including photographers, fashion stylists and media production staff. Your work will be typically conducted as part of a team or on a freelance basis in settings such as make-up studios, retail cosmetic counters, fashion and media sets and photography studios.
Outcome on completion of your HSC
- Certificate III in Make-up SHB30215 in SHB Hairdressing and Beauty Services Training Package.
- A career path into the Makeup Services and Beauty Services industry.
- Articulation into Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy Certificate IV SIB40115 in SHB Hairdressing and Beauty Services Training Package.
- Both on the job and off the job and can be delivered face-to-face, flexibly or mixed mode.
- The SBT term is calculated in months from the date of commencement to 31 December of the HSC year.
- Undertake a minimum of 100 days in paid employment and training.
- Undertake Certificate III in Make-Up as part of your HSC.
- The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|Course||ATAR eligibility||HSC unit credit|
6 units over two years towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course).
Industry-based Learning course
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship.
The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC.
This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser.