Warehousing Operations – Certificate II
This course is for people who want to work in the warehousing and storage industry. You will learn how to coordinate goods for distribution to customers and perform a prescribed range of functions involving known routines and procedures and some accountability for the quality of outcomes. You will also learn how to use inventory systems to conduct stock counts and apply product knowledge to organise receipts and dispatches.
|HSC credit||ATAR pathway|
Warehousing operations involves receiving and storing goods in warehouses until they are required and then preparing the goods for transportation. Certificate II level trainees, as warehouse operatives, will learn how to coordinate goods for distribution to customers, use inventory systems to conduct stock counts and apply product knowledge to organise receipts and dispatches.
Outcome on completion of your HSC
- Certificate II in Warehousing Operations TLI21616 in TLI Transport and Logistics Training Package
- A Career path into the Transport and Logistics industry
- Both on the job and off the job and can be delivered face-to-face, flexibly or mixed mode.
- The SBT term is calculated in months from the date of commencement to 31 December of the HSC year
- Undertake a minimum of 100 days in paid employment and training.
- Undertake the Certificate II Warehousing Operations as part of your HSC.
- The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|Course||ATAR eligibility||HSC unit credit|
|Warehousing Operations||No||Maximum 4 units over two years towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course).|
Industry-based Learning course (optional)
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship.
The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC.
This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser or visit our Internet site at https://www.sbatinnsw.info