Salon Assistant – Certificate II
This course is for people who want to work as a hairdressing salon assistant or hairdressing receptionist. It will also help you gain employment as a hairdressing apprentice. The course provides you with an overview of the hairdressing industry and will provide some practical skills in hairdressing.
|HSC credit||ATAR pathway|
As a Trainee employed as salon assistant, you will learn a defined and limited range of basic skills and knowledge used in hairdressing salons by individuals who provide assistance with client services. You will complete routine and repetitive tasks under direct supervision and with guidance from hairdressers who manage client services. The combined skills and knowledge do not provide a job outcome as a hairdresser but this qualification prepares you for further training.
Outcome on completion of HSC
- Certificate II in Salon Assistant SHB20216 in SHB Hairdressing and Beauty Services Training Package.
- Articulation into the Certificate III Hairdressing Trade course.
- A career path into the Hairdressing industry.
- On the job and off the job and can be delivered face-to-face, flexibly or mixed mode.
- The SBT term is calculated in months from the date of commencement to 31 December of the HSC year.
- Undertake a minimum of 100 days in paid employment and training
- Complete Certificate II in Salon Assistant as part of your HSC.
- The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|Course||ATAR eligibility||HSC unit credit|
3 units credit over two years towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course).
Industry-based Learning course
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship.
The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC.
This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser.