Floristry (Assistant) – Certificate II
This course is for students who want to work in the floristry industry and reflects the role of floristry assistants who use a defined and limited range of basic floristry technical skills to assemble fundamental floristry products to pre-determined designs and job specifications.
|HSC credit||ATAR pathway|
A Traineeship in the floristry industry reflects the role of floristry assistants who use a defined and limited range of basic floristry technical skills to assemble fundamental floristry products to pre-determined designs and job specifications involving mainly routine and repetitive tasks using limited practical skills and basic floristry industry knowledge under direct supervision and creating a pathway to work as a floristry assistant in a diversity of floristry industry business types including retail floristry shops, studios/online floristry.
Outcome on completion of your HSC
- Certificate II in Floristry (Assistant) SFL20115 in SFL Floristry Training Package.
- Articulation into a Traineeship in Certificate III Floristry.
- A career path into the Floristry industry.
- Both on the job and off the job and can be delivered face-to-face, flexibly or mixed mode.
- The SBT term is calculated in months from the date of commencement to 31 December of the HSC year.
- Undertake a minimum of 100 days in paid employment and training.
- Undertake Certificate II Floristry as part of your HSC.
- The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|Course||ATAR eligibility||HSC unit credit|
4 units over two years towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course).
Industry-based Learning course
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship.
The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC.
This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser.