Engineering – Certificate II
A school based traineeship in Engineering will enable employment at the basic production operator level in manufacturing, engineering and related industry areas.
|HSC credit||ATAR pathway|
A school based traineeship in Engineering will enable employment at the basic production operator level in manufacturing, engineering and related industry areas. Trainees will learn effective workplace communication, occupational health and safety principles, quality procedures systems and planning and industry specific skills relevant to their current or intended employment
Outcome on completion of your HSC
- Certificate II in Engineering MEM20105 in MEM05 Metal & Engineering Training Package.
- A career path into the Metal and Engineering industry.
- Advanced standing into an apprenticeship for mechanical trade, fabrication trade, marine craft construction and jewellery manufacture.
- Both on the job and off the job and can be delivered face-to-face, flexibly or mixed mode.
- The SBT term is calculated in months from the date of commencement to 31 December of the HSC year.
- Undertake a minimum of 100 days in paid employment and training.
- Undertake Certificate II Engineering as part of your HSC.
- The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|Course||ATAR eligibility||HSC unit credit|
Engineering Certificate II
4 units over two years towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course).
Industry-based Learning course
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship.
The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC.
This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser.