SBA Beauty Therapy - Certificate IV
Apprentices successfully undertaking the Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy will develop the first line management skills required for those working in the Beauty industry. These skills apply to those who are co-ordinating or managing the services within a small beauty salon, or a section or department within a larger store. It incorporates self-directed application of knowledge and skills.
|HSC credit||ATAR pathway|
Beauty therapists provide a range of beauty therapy treatments and services, including lash and brow treatments, nail services, make-up, massage and waxing. They communicate with clients to recommend treatments and services and sell retail skin care and cosmetic products.
They undertake work independently, with limited guidance from others, and apply and adapt technical skills and knowledge, and use judgment in the provision of beauty treatments and services. Work is typically conducted in beauty salons and spas
Outcome on completion of your HSC
- Statement of Competencies Achieved for Certificate IV in Beauty therapy SHB40115 from SHB Hairdressing and Beauty Services Training Package.
- A career path in the Beauty trade Continuation in the Beauty Therapy Apprenticeship full time post school.
- Will be delivered both on the job and off the job.
- Two years part time during school, followed by two years full time post-school in both on and off the job training.
- Undertake a minimum of 100 days in paid employment during school plus the formal training required for the qualification.
- Undertake Certificate IV Beauty, and complete Stage 1 of this qualification by the end of your HSC.
- The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|Course||ATAR eligibility||HSC unit credit|
|Beauty Therapy course||No||4 units over two years towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course).|
Industry-based learning course (optional)
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship.
The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC.
This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser.