Plumbing – Certificate III
Develop the skills and techniques to carry out plumbing competencies in a safe and efficient manner and to the standard of quality expected of industry. Students will acquire skills associated with gas services, water services, drainage, sanitary services and metal roofing.
|HSC credit||ATAR pathway|
Apprentices will learn to:
- use plumbing hand and power tools
- weld using oxy-acetylene and arc welding equipment
- weld plastic pipe, fabricate and install piping, fire hydrant and hose reel systems
- set out and install water services and water service controls and devices
- install fit out and commission water heating systems and hot and cold water services
- install water pump sets, connect irrigation systems from drinking water supply
- carry out levelling operations, measurements and calculations, plan and organise work
- calculate plumbing quantities
- read and interpret plans and specifications and apply WHS requirements.
Outcome on completion of your HSC
- Statement of Competencies Achieved for Certificate III in Plumbing CPC32413 from CPC08 Construction, Plumbing and Services Training Package.
- A career path in the Plumbing trade.
- Continuation in the Plumbing apprenticeship full time post school.
- Will be delivered both on the job and off the job.
- Two years part time during school, followed by three years full time post-school in both on and off the job training.
- Undertake a minimum of 180 days in paid employment during school plus the formal training required for the qualification.
- Undertake Certificate III Plumbing, and complete Stage 1 of this qualification by the end of your HSC.
- The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|Course||ATAR eligibility||HSC unit credit|
|Plumbing||No||Minimum of 4 units over two years towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course).|
Industry-based learning course (optional)
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship.
The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC.
This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser.