Painting and Decorating – Certificate III
This course is for people who want in the painting and decorating trade. You will learn about the processes, materials, tools and equipment and will learn the skills and knowledge for residential housing and commercial and industrial buildings including maintenance, repair and remedial operations.
|HSC credit||ATAR pathway|
This course is for apprentices who work in the painting and decorating trade. You will learn about the processes, materials, tools and equipment used in industry. You will also develop specialised skills associated with the surface coating industry. You will learn about the relationship of this trade to others in the building and construction industry, as well as how the industry is affected by technological and industrial change.
Outcome on completion of your HSC
- Statement of Competencies Achieved for Certificate III in Painting and Decorating CPC30620 from CPC Construction, Plumbing and Services Training Package.
- A career path in the Painting and Decorating trade.
- Continuation in the Painting & Decorating apprenticeship full time post school.
- · Will be delivered both on the job and off the job.
- · Two years part time during school, followed by three years full time post-school in both on and off the job training.
- Undertake a minimum of 144 days in paid employment during school plus the formal training required for the qualification.
- Undertake Certificate III in Painting and Decorating, and complete Stage 1 of this qualification by the end of your HSC.
- The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|Course||ATAR eligibility||HSC unit credit|
Painting & Decorating
Minimum of 4 units over two years towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course).
Industry-based Learning course
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship.
The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC.
This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser.