Meat Processing (Retail Butcher) – Certificate III
This training provides a training pathway for a career path in the meat industry as a butcher. It enables multi-skilling of the workforce and a mechanism for recognising and adding to the skills of the existing workforce.
|HSC credit||ATAR pathway|
This school based apprenticeship is for students seeking a trade qualification in the meat industry. Apprentices will learn safe and hygienic work practices and how to prepare meat and meat products, provide advice on cuts of meat and to sell meat to customers in a retail or supermarket environment.
Outcome on completion of your HSC
- Certificate III in Meat Processing (Retail Butcher) AMP30815 from AMP Meat Processing Training Package.
- Pathway into the Meat Processing sector as a butcher.
- Will be delivered both on the job and off the job.
- Two years part time during school, followed by two years full time post-school in both on and off the job training.
- Undertake a minimum of 130 days in paid employment plus the formal training to complete the qualification.
- Undertake Certificate III Meat Processing (Retail Butcher) as part of your HSC.
- The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|Course||ATAR eligibility||HSC unit credit|
Meat Processing – Retail Butcher
Minimum 4 units credit over two years towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course).
Industry-based Learning course
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship.
The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC.
This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser.