Marine Mechanical Technology – Certificate III
This course is for students who want to work in the marine industry as an apprentice marine mechanic. You will learn how to service and repair marine vessels and how to service, repair and diagnose faults in marine engines, transmissions, hydraulic and electrical systems and components.
|HSC credit||ATAR pathway|
Apprentices perform a range of tasks in a boat workshop or combined workshop working on inboard and outboard boat engines and equipment. Tasks include diagnosis of problems, repair and servicing of engines and engine components, cooling and petrol fuel systems and clutch assemblies. Apprentices may be employed as Marine Technicians.
Outcome on completion of your HSC
- Statement of Competencies achieved towards Certificate III in Marine Mechanical Technology AUR30516 from the AUR Automotive Industry Retail, Service and Repair Training Package.
- A career path into the automotive industry.
- Continuation of this trade training as a full time apprentice after school.
- Will be delivered both on the job and off the job.
- Two years part time during school, followed by three years full time post-school in both on and off the job training.
- Undertake a minimum of 130 days in paid employment and training.
- Undertake Certificate III in Marine Mechanical Technology course as part of your HSC.
- The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- · Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|Course||ATAR eligibility||HSC unit credit|
Automotive Marine Mechanical Technology Trade
A minimum of 4 units towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course).
Industry-based Learning course
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship.
The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC.
This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser.