Flooring Technology – Certificate III
This course is for apprentices and people wanting to acquire the skills to work in the flooring technology sector of the furnishing industry.
|HSC credit||ATAR pathway|
This course is for people wanting to acquire the skills and knowledge needed to work in the flooring technology sector of the furnishing industry. Apprentices will learn the skills and knowledge required to perform flooring technology tasks, including preparing flooring surfaces, including polished concrete floors; and installing and finishing carpet, resilient, vinyl and timber flooring materials and polished concrete floors.
Outcome on completion of your HSC
- Certificate III in Furnishing (Flooring Technology) MSF30818 in MSF Furnishing Training Package.
- A career path into the Furnishing (Flooring) industry as Resilient Layer - Floor Finisher, Carpet Layer - Floor Finisher, Timber Sander and Polisher - Floor Finisher, Hard Floor Finisher.
- Continuation in the Furnishing (Flooring Technology) apprenticeship full time post school.
- Will be delivered both on the job and off the job.
- Two years part time during school, followed by three years full time post-school in both on and off the job training.
- Undertake a minimum of 100 days in paid employment and training.
- Undertake Certificate III Furnishing (Flooring Technology) and complete Stage 1 of this qualification by the end of your HSC.
- The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|Course||ATAR eligibility||HSC unit credit|
|Cabinet Making (Kitchen & Bathrooms)||No||3-4 units over two years towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course).|
|Industry-based learning course (optional)||No||
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship.
The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC.
This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser.