Automotive Body Repair Technology – Certificate III
This qualification covers the skills and knowledge required to repair and maintain the body of cars, heavy vehicles and other vehicles in the automotive industry.
|HSC credit||ATAR pathway|
Apprentices repair, maintain and re-manufacture the body of cars, heavy vehicles and other vehicles in the automotive service and repair industry. Apprentices will work with tradespeople employed as panel beaters, vehicle body builders/ repair technicians, vehicle body restoration technicians, or heavy vehicle body and chassis repair technicians.
Outcome on completion of your HSC
- Statement of Competencies achieved towards Certificate III Automotive Body Repair Technology AUR32116 from the AUR Automotive Industry Retail, Service and Repair Training Package
- Stage 1 of the Automotive Vehicle Body Repair Technology Trade.
- Continuation of this trade training as a full time apprentice after school.
- Will be delivered both on the job and off the job
- Two years part time during school, followed by three years full time post-school in both on and off the job training
- Undertake a minimum of 130 days in paid employment and training.
- Undertake Certificate III Automotive Body Repair Technology Trade course as part of your HSC.
- The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|Course||ATAR eligibility||HSC unit credit|
|Automotive Body Repair Technology Trade||No||4 units over two years towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course).|
|Industry-based Learning course (optional)||No||
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship.
The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC.
This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser.