The “Giving Students the EDGE for Work” workshops help students prepare to present to employers to secure work experience, work placement, School Based Apprenticeships or Traineeships and other employment opportunities.
The workshops are a fun and engaging way to introduce students to the world of work and what employers are looking for in young people seeking work. Students will learn about the importance of how they present and how crucial it is to be aware of their self-image and personal branding.
The EDGE workshop was created to address the gap between what students believe and what employers know. Students will learn about job readiness and what employers are really looking for – giving them the EDGE when starting out in the workforce.
What are the EDGE workshops?
These are fun, interactive and educational workshops, supported by the NSW Government. During the workshop students will:
- Hear from local employers, learn about careers in their organisations and find out what they look for in new recruits
- Learn about different training and education pathways
- Receive tips about personal branding, personal presentation and communication and how your social media profiles can impact your career
- Work with industry professionals in small groups to present your best self in areas of hair, clothing and skin care / makeup
- Be inspired by local NSW Training Awards Ambassadors.