EDGE Workshop dates and format announced for Term 3
An initiative of the EPPP, the “Giving Students the EDGE for Work” workshops are heading to schools in the North Coast NSW and via webinars for schools in South-western Sydney over the coming months. The workshop is dedicated to getting students ‘job-ready’ and understanding what an employer is really looking for in young people. Find out more about what the EDGE Workshops offer and a full list of dates and locations for Term 3.
The “Giving Students the EDGE for Work” workshops help students prepare to present to employers to secure work experience, work placement, School Based Apprenticeships or Traineeships and other employment opportunities.
The workshops are a fun and engaging way to introduce students to the world of work and what employers are looking for in young people seeking work. Students will learn about the importance of how they present and how crucial it is to be aware of their self-image and personal branding.
The EDGE workshop was created to address the gap between what students believe and what employers know. Students will learn about job readiness and what employers are really looking for – giving them the EDGE when starting out in the workforce.
What are the EDGE workshops?
These are fun, interactive and educational workshops, supported by the NSW Government. During the workshop students will:
- Hear from local employers, learn about careers in their organisations and find out what they look for in new recruits
- Learn about different training and education pathways
- Receive tips about personal branding, personal presentation and communication and how your social media profiles can impact your career
- Work with industry professionals in small groups to present your best self in areas of hair, clothing and skin care / makeup
- Be inspired by local NSW Training Awards Ambassadors.
EDGE Workshop Schedule 2020
- 3 Aug 2020, Woolgoolga High School
- 4 Aug 2020, Grafton High School
- 17 Aug 2020, Maclean High School
- 18 Aug 2020, South Grafton High School
- 24 Aug 2020, Alstonville High School
- 25 Aug 2020, Mullumbimby High School
- 21 Sep 2020, Wollumbin High School
- 22 Sep 2020, Murwillumbah High School
- 31 Aug 2020, Eagle Vale High School
- 31 Aug 2020, Bonnyrigg High School
- 31 Aug 2020, Thomas Reddall High School
- 31 Aug 2020, Liverpool Boys High School
- Student engagement and participation