EPPP TV Episode 7
Host Jazmine Huggins investigates two industries that play an important role in our society – healthcare and construction.
In this episode
In this episode we meet Ava, an Elsa Dixon Aboriginal Employment Grant recipient who completed a Cert III in Health Services Assistance through a school-based traineeship at Lismore Base Hospital, as well as Jon and Charmaine who are supporting her training. Over in East Lismore, the future looks bright for SBAT graduate Sienna who's been accepted to study a diploma in paramedical science next year, while she continues to work at St Joseph's Nursing Home.
Jazmine then deconstructs the construction industry for young people, chatting to apprentice Robert and his boss, Matt, to unpack the Master Builders Association Tertiary Apprenticeship Pathway. Finally, we put some student questions to SBAT mentors, Toni Bellos and Steve Montgomery.
- Elsa Dixon Aboriginal Employement Grant
- MBA: Apprentice to Site Supervisor Pathway info for students
- MBA: Apprentice to Site Supervisor Pathway info for parents
- Master Builders Association NSW
- Master Builders Association - Build Your Story
- Tertiary Apprenticeship Pathway initiative
- SBAT initiative
- EPPP Website