About the program
The Educational Pathways Program was launched in 2020 and continues until 2023. It is an innovative program designed to improve higher education and career outcomes for young people.
View a list of all 144 high schools taking part in the expanded Educational Pathways Program.
Website being updated
Effective Term 1 2022, as a result of the successful pilot phase, the program will be scaled-up and offered in an additional 120 high schools. This website is being updated with new information and detail about the program.
The pilot initiatives centre on:
- Helping students into school-based apprenticeships and traineeships through mentoring and support.
- Expanding opportunities for school students to engage with fee-free VET Smart & Skilled programs.
- Strengthening careers advice and job-ready life skills for young people.
Initiatives making up the Educational Pathways Pilot Program
- Specialist Careers Immersion Teams have been launched. Under the leadership of a dedicated Head Teacher Careers, the Teams will be collaborating with local industry and employers to create training opportunities for students. Our goal is to make sure all students are work-ready for jobs in our regions.
- Dedicated School Based Apprentice and Traineeship Mentors will soon come on board to support and guide students and also work with industry and employers to develop partnerships with the school and broker employment opportunities.
- Career guidance and support for students who may be struggling to decide which subject choices and post-school education is right for them.
- Firsthand accounts from NSW’s best apprentices and trainees discussing the valuable and long-term career opportunities that a vocational qualification offers.
- Opportunities to study construction apprenticeship or traineeship units at school that could lead to higher level VET qualifications and a one-year credit into a university degree.
- Workshops to help inform students about employer expectations for work, including how to dress, how to behave and important employability skills.
- The extension of funding to school students who do not want to pursue an HSC to undertake VET pathways while still at school.
- Important wrap-around services for early school leavers looking to access TAFE NSW.
These are just a selection of what is on offer for our students. We encourage you to contact your local Careers Head Teacher to learn more and get involved in these exciting initiatives.
Schools participating in the Educational Pathways Pilot Program
North Coast of NSW
- Alstonville High School
- Ballina Coast High School
- Grafton High School
- Maclean High School
- Mullumbimby High School
- Murwillumbah High School
- South Grafton High School
- Wollumbin High School
- Woolgoolga High School
- Airds High School
- Ashcroft High School
- Bonnyrigg High School
- Bossley Park High School
- Campbelltown Performing Arts High School
- Cecil Hills High School
- Eagle Vale High School
- Hoxton Park High School
- James Busby High School
- Liverpool Boys High School
- Liverpool Girls High School
- Miller Technology High School
- Prairiewood High School
- St Johns Park High School
- Thomas Reddall High School