Eligibility and application process
Before submitting an application for transport the school must assess that the student is eligible to apply and meets the eligibility criteria.
How to process an application
Step 1: Assess eligibility
When working with a parent the school needs to check the eligibility criteria to ensure that the student and the parent meet the criteria.
The assessment of travel support needs is provided to assist schools in the assessment of the individual student travel support needs.
Step 2: Download and complete forms
Step 3: Provide supporting documentation
Applications forwarded from the school that do not have all of the required supporting documentation will be returned and processing of the application will be delayed.
Please ensure that you are providing the following supporting documentation when forwarding the application to ASTP:
- formal advice of student placement (government schools only)
- disability confirmation sheet
- medical certificates, parent TAFE or university timetable (where applicable)
- Shared care request form (Where applicable)
- risk management, behaviour/health care plans (where applicable)
- other relevant information.
Step 4: Submit application to ASTP
Once the Application for Assisted School Travel form (PDF 564KB) is complete and all supporting documentation has been provided, scan and email application to email@example.com.