Have fun at the zoo
Children of all ages love to go and spend time at the zoo and see all the interesting and amazing creatures. This school holiday, take your child there virtually.
Going to the zoo
Normally, a visit to the zoo would've be one of the top activities on everyone’s holiday to-do list. But since we've been spending a lot of time inside, the zoo’s had to come to us.
Many zoos around the world are offering live streams of their enclosures allowing people to still see and learn about the animals without leaving their homes. Here are a few options for online zoo visits:
- Animal House - Zoos Victoria: Animal House has set up a few live stream cameras from Melbourne Zoo and Werribee Open Range Zoo, so you and your children can enjoy the zoo from anywhere.
- Australian Reptile Park: For your budding biologists, the reptile park has a weekly lineup.
- Sydney Aquarium: The Sydney Aquarium is also offering craft activities and educational resources that can help your little marine biologist learn more about everything below the waves.
- David Attenborough's Great Barrier Reef: Join the legendary David Attenborough on this interactive journey through the Great Barrier Reef.
- Taronga TV: Taronga offers daily lineups from their zoos allowing your child to see their favourite animals, meet friendly animal keepers and learn what goes on behind the scenes.
Interested in virtual theatre performances or museum tours? Visit Educational platforms and activities for the school holidays.
The activities in this list are general suggestions. You will know which activities are best suited to your child and their interests.
Find some more recreational activities and ideas to try in our helpful guide.