Top parenting podcasts
Whether you're doing late night nursing or chores around the house these school holidays, why not have some industry-leading voices in the background?
From child psychologists to mums-of-many to new dads doing deep dive discussions, here are 17 insightful and relatable parenting podcasts to make any parent or carer feel less alone.
- Babytalk (ABC) - babies don't come with instruction manuals but that just means that there's a lot to learn. This podcast will share insights and offer advice about living with your baby.
- DadPod with Charlie Clausen and Osher Günsberg - DadPod is a weekly podcast documenting the new dad adventures of Charlie Clausen and Australian TV host, Osher Günsberg.
- Everyday Motherhood - grab your pile of laundry and listen to this podcast for advice on how to care for yourself while mothering and walk away with a play idea to connect with your kids.
- Happy Families - the Happy Families podcast with Dr Justin Coulson is for parents who want all the answers but don’t have any time. Each short, easily digestible episode sees Dr Justin address a specific topic, offer his expert advice and provide simple strategies to make families happier.
- Parental As Anything (ABC) - join one of Australia’s favourite parenting authors and educators Maggie Dent to get tips and answers to your real-world parenting dilemmas.
- The Art of Decluttering - this weekly podcast shares tips and tricks for decluttering and organising your home. The hosts help take control of the clutter and reclaim your home as a peaceful retreat where you can relax and regroup and raise your family.
- The Modern Mommy Doc Podcast - this Podcast helps mums say "no" to unrealistic expectations for a balanced life, and say "yes" to what really matters.
- Child of the Redwoods: Montessori Parenting - Join Aubrey, a Montessorian and mum of two, as she discusses parenting, homeschooling, and the magic of childhood.
- Little Sprigs - on this podcast, you'll find a mix of interviews and recordings focusing on early childhood education, communication and mindfulness.
- Mom and Dad Are Fighting - Jamilah Lemieux and Dan Kois share their triumphs and failures while offering advice on parenting kids from toddler to teens.
- Spawned Parenting Podcast - Liz Gumbinner and Kristen Chase are parents to six kids between them. They and their guests offer candid parenting culture discussions, non-judgemental tips, and a good dose of humour.
- The Modern Dads Podcast - the stories of modern dads; men who are not only involved in their children’s lives, but active and engaged in the decisions, the drudgery, the pain, and the joys of parenthood. Each episode discusses the issues modern dads face as they try to navigate work, parenthood, relationships, and play.
- The Mom Hour - co-hosts Meagan Francis and Sarah Powers have eight kids between them, little to grown. This weekly podcast offers practical tips and encouragement for mums who want to enjoy motherhood more, and cut back on comparison, worry, and stress.
- The One in a Million Baby - this podcast by New Zealander Tessa Prebble tells the stories of the children and their parents who find themselves in that one-in-a-thousand, or one-in-ten-thousand, or even one-in-a-million position of having a child with special needs and how they’ve come to cope.
- Turning This Car Around - a highly relatable, long-running podcast about parenthood hosted three dads: Lex Friedman, John Moltz and Jon Armstrong.
- Unruffled - each episode addresses a reader's parenting issue through the lens of host, Janet Lansbury's respectful parenting philosophy. Janet is a respected parenting adviser, author, and consultant whose work informs, inspires, and supports caregivers of infants and toddlers across the globe to create relationships of respect, trust, and love.
By the way, not all the podcasts on this list will suit all parents’ needs, and you are in the best position to decide what advice and support will work best for you and your family.