If you have a question or issue

How to find the right person or resource if you have a question or issue.

Start with your child's teacher

We understand that you may have questions or concerns about your child while they are going to preschool or when they are getting ready for school. If you would like to discuss your child’s progress or readiness for school, your child’s preschool teacher is often the best place to start.

If you have concerns about the service, you can ask to speak to the preschool teacher, director or school principal.

If the issue cannot be resolved by the service, you can contact the department’s Early Childhood Education Directorate to make a complaint about a service, or the Department of Fair Trading if the complaint is about service fees or business practices.

Telephone Interpreter Service

· Phone 131 450 to call the Telephone Interpreter Service.

· Ask for an interpreter in your language.

· Tell the operator the phone number of the school you would like to call. They willget an interpreter on the phone to assist you.

You will not be charged for this service.

Listen to an audio message in your language.

Kids helpline

If your child is having a tough time and needs someone to talk to, let them know they can call or chat to someone at Kids Helpline.

Kids Helpline gives young people aged 5 to 25 free phone and online counselling support.

  • Call and chat service operates 24/7
  • Ph: 1800 551 800

Useful websites

Department of Education

Translated school information

Parents and carers resources

Complaints, compliments and suggestions

Aboriginal Education & Communities

Road safety

Choosing a quality service

Other resources

Aboriginal Education Consultative Group is a non for profit Aboriginal organisation that provides advice on all matters relevant to education and training.

Allergy facts from Australia’s only national support organisation (A&AA)

Immunisation - Health NSW

Early childhood education and school-aged care providers - Service NSW

Kids and Traffic


  • Teaching and learning


  • Additional needs
  • Health promotion
  • Preschool
  • Safety
  • Wellbeing

Business Unit:

  • Communication and Engagement
Return to top of page Back to top