Food at preschool
Eating at preschool is an important part of the daily program, and we promote healthy eating habits.
Our preschool staff will help your child during meal times by reminding them to wash their hands. Staff will encourage them to finish their food and not to share their food with friends.
You will be asked to provide healthy food for morning tea, lunch and perhaps afternoon tea. Talk to your preschool teacher to get an idea of what to pack for your child each day.
Tip: Pack food that you know your child likes and will eat and help your child learn how to unwrap their food and eat it on their own.
Care with allergies
Anaphylaxis is a severe and sudden allergic reaction to certain allergens, such as nuts or shellfish, or insect bites. You must let the preschool teacher know if your child is allergic to foods or is at risk of anaphylaxis.
- NSW Healthy Kids Association - find healthy lunch and snack ideas for your child's lunchbox.
- Eating at school - bookmark this list of handy lunchbox tips and tricks for preschool, primary and high school.
- Nutrition at school - learn more about how NSW public schools encourage making healhty food choices the easy choice for your child.
- Allergy Facts - find general information on anaphylaxis and allergy support for your child.
- Anaphylaxis Education Program NSW - for information sessions and resources to help families navigate life with allergies.