Getting ready for Years 11 and 12
Welcome to Years 11 and 12. They will be rewarding, challenging and exciting as you start preparing for the HSC and your next chapter beyond school. You’re almost there!
Welcome to years 11 and 12. They will be rewarding, challenging and exciting as you start preparing for the HSC and your next chapter beyond school. You’re almost there! This guide has been designed as a handy resource to prepare you for Years 11 and 12. There will be some information you already know and some information that is new and useful.
Checklist for Years 11 and 12
- Set up a dedicated study area.
- Use a daily planner to stay on track for assignments and deadlines.
- Schedule breaks throughout the day.
- Learn the art of time management!
- Have a structured study routine that works for you.
- In Year 11, use your time to develop your major work or project.
- Look after your health – make time for exercise, sleeping and eating well. Your body and mind will thank you for it.
- Use proper, recommended sources as references during study.
- Work with the correct syllabus. Check with your teacher if you are unsure.
- Set up or join a study group for extra help, encouragement and brain power.
- Make the most of your last 2 years at school – use the resources and support available!
- Use school support services such as careers advice and counselling if you need them. Now is a great time to start thinking about your life after the HSC and exploring the possibilities.
- Stay in touch with your teacher to make sure you’re up to date with work and assignments, and to request any help
- Consider doing work experience, volunteering or internships to get more industry experience.
Check in with your friends and peers for study, fun and support.
Starting school guide
View the ebook online or download the PDF below.
Download starting school resources
Stay healthy HSC ➜
Visit Stay Healthy HSC to find resources to stay healthy, stay active and keep connected during the HSC.