Tarro Public School
Our school context at October 2018
School name: Tarro Public School
School code: 4263
Number of students: 158
Principal: Kelly O’Shea
Director Educational Leadership: John Millburn
Principal Network: Hunter
Our funded school initiatives
- RAM funding has been complemented by grant funds to purchase participation in Corwins, Visible Learning Institute.
- This student centered program sees multiple professional learning opportunities and a clear expectation of data-based collaboration days.
- All staff have been included with the result benefiting both the EaFS classes and the Years 3-6 classes.
Impact and achievements
- Demonstrated and measurable improvement in students learning as evidenced by the use of effect size as a tool to measure growth.
- Evaluations of staff engagement in the collaboration days has demonstrated that the days are highly valued, student focused and intent on improving staff performance and expertise.
- In 2018 NAPLAN, a positive upward trend for average NAPLAN scores for Year 5 students in Reading, Spelling, Numeracy and Grammar and Punctuation is evident.
- The percentages of Year 5 students achieving in the top two bands of Spelling and Grammar and Punctuation are the highest since 2014.
- Value add data is at Sustaining and Growing in the Year 3-5 range.
- Internal data is showing growth in each focus area.