Our school context at October 2018
School name: Girrakool Education and Training Unit
School code: 5456
Number of students: 90
Principal: Alan De Joux
Director Educational Leadership: Ros McCallan-Jamieson
Principal Network: Mooney Mooney
Our funded school initiatives
- Appointment of an assistant principal (Transitions).
- Appointment of relieving classroom teacher to support the assistant principal (Transitions).
- Increase in literacy support classes.
- Numeracy assessment resources.
Impact and achievements
- In line with the school plan, the appointments of an assistant principal (Transitions) and an additional classroom teacher have increased the provision of support to students transitioning from custody/school into the community.
- Increase in the number of students accessing essential literacy support. Students who were eligible for re-assessment over a six month period each demonstrated an average increase of eight months relative to their chronological age.
- A wider scope of tracking of student numeracy skills as the basis for a planned focus on teacher professional learning within this area.