Arncliffe Public School
Our school context at October 2018
School name: Arncliffe Public School
School code: 7401
Number of students: 405
Principal: Pam Ladd
Director Educational Leadership: Craig Smith
Principal Network: Kogarah
Our funded school initiatives
Visible Learning/Bump It Up
- Arncliffe Public School was identified as a Bump it Up School.
- Staff have undertaken extensive professional development in Visible Learning and implemented explicit teaching using Learning Intentions, Success Criteria, Purposeful Feedback and data analysis. A common language has been developed across the school.
- Teachers also engaged in classroom observations and feedback to improve pedagogy and broaden professional conversations across the school.
- The Visible Learning initiative follows on from the Growth Mindset focus of the school. Students will have a clear knowledge of their learning pathway.
Impact and achievements
- Data walls are visible across the school for students, staff and parents to access.
- The average percentage of students in the top two bands for NAPLAN reading and numeracy for Year 3 and 5 students has increased from 36% in 2017 to 40.66% in 2018.