Implementation is on track and the majority of deliverables completed. The program is scheduled for completion by December 2018.
The reforms implemented to date include:
- tougher entry standards for teaching degrees
- accreditation requirements for all teachers
- Beginning teacher support funding provided to schools to support release of permanent beginning teachers for professional development and mentoring, policy updated in 2016, and again in 2017 to include funding support for temporary beginning teachers (see Beginning Teachers Support Funding Policy ).
- new scholarships, cadetships and internships to attract more of the best and brightest school leavers into teaching (see Teach.NSW).
- ClassMovies introduced to share outstanding practice, in 2016 renamed Filmpond (staff only) with an extended video collaboration platform.
- new Performance and Development Framework for Principals, Executives and Teachers (PDF 365.03KB) released.
- Strong Start, Great Teachers online resource for induction released.
For more information about implementation updates, visit NSW Education Standards Authority.