531 Schools have been selected to be part of Early Action for Success (EAfS) Phase 2 and will receive support in one of the following ways:
- Clusters of schools with K-2 enrolments of up to 24 students will be supported by shared Assistant Principals Instructional Leadership, Literacy and Numeracy.
- Macquarie Park Operational Directorate has three small schools in the Hawkesbury Principal Network and Ultimo Operational Directorate has one in the Wollondilly Principal Network with K-2 enrolments of up to 24 students.
- Schools with K-2 enrolments of between 25 and 150 students will receive a Deputy Principal Instructional Leadership, Literacy and Numeracy allocated on a pro-rata basis. The allocations will range from 0.4 full time equivalent (FTE) to 1.0 FTE.
- Schools with an average K-2 enrolment of 151 or above will receive a standard 1.0 FTE Deputy Principal Instructional Leadership, Literacy and Numeracy. Large schools will also receive an additional Deputy Principal Instructional Leadership, Literacy and Numeracy allocation commensurate with average K-2 student enrolments. Total additional allocations will range from 1.0 FTE to 2.0 FTE in increments of 0.2 FTE.
- The Instructional Leader positions in the 11 Connected Communities schools with K-2 enrolments in EAfS Phase 1 will be maintained in Phase 2.
- Up to 50 non-Early Action for Success Phase 2 schools will be able to self-fund instructional leadership positions and staff to participate in the support and professional learning provided through the EAfSstrategy.