Minister for Education Sarah Mitchell awarded 23 of NSW’s finest school teachers with the highest possible accreditation at a prestigious ceremony in Sydney last night.
Ms Mitchell said the NSW Government’s annual Highly Accomplished and Lead Teacher Awards recognises teachers who have displayed exemplary, innovative and compassionate teaching practice.
“These awards celebrate and acknowledge teachers in NSW who have gone above and beyond to deliver truly stimulating teaching programs to hundreds of lucky students across the State,” Ms Mitchell said.
Ms Mitchell added that each of the 23 award recipients had inspiring stories to tell.
“It was a pleasure to see teachers from all over NSW being recognised for their teaching,” Ms Mitchell said.
“As a regional Member I am so thrilled to see several regional teachers acknowledged as well; like Kelly Sharwood from Tumbarumba and Jillian Reidy from Grenfell.
“Troy Neale and Karen Sellick, two teachers from Macquarie Fields working with students from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are also being acknowledged.
“And I mustn’t forget Ross Montague, who is following in his parents’ footsteps in positively impacting education for students in Western Sydney.”
The full list of 2019 Highly Accomplished and Lead Teacher Award recipients:
- Christine Reilly, Lead Teacher, Hunter River High School
- Tania Miller, Highly Accomplished Teacher, Balgowlah Heights Public School
- Bianca Howarth, Lead Teacher, Avalon Public School
- Julie Birchley, Lead Teacher, Burwood Public School
- Natalie MacDonald, Lead Teacher, Erina Heights Public School
- Kelly Sharwood, Highly Accomplished Teacher, Tumbarumba Public School
- Rachel Mitchell, Highly Accomplished Teacher, Coogee Boys' Preparatory School
- Lisa Weingarth, Lead Teacher, Emmanuel Anglican College
- Tara Hennessy, Highly Accomplished Teacher, Claremont College
- Ross Montague, Highly Accomplished Teacher, Picnic Point High School
- Renee Pettit, Lead Teacher, Warilla High School
- Penelope Earp, Lead Teacher, Wairoa School
- Troy Neale, Lead Teacher, Macquarie Fields High School
- Karen Sellick, Lead Teacher, Macquarie Fields Public School
- Jillian Reidy, Highly Accomplished Teacher, The Henry Lawson High School
- Jeni McCarthy, Lead Teacher, St Bernard's Primary School
- Meaghan Bennett, Highly Accomplished Teacher, Carlingford High School
- Bradley Thomas, Highly Accomplished Teacher, Macarthur Girls High School
- Amanda Singh, Highly Accomplished Teacher, The Ponds High School
- Joel Foster, Highly Accomplished Teacher, Corrimal High School.