Twenty teachers receive 2020 Premier’s Teacher Scholarships.
Twenty of the State’s best teachers have had their commitment to quality education rewarded with a 2020 Premier’s Teacher Scholarship.
The scholarships are open to all NSW teachers from government and non-government schools and preschools, as well as TAFE NSW Institutes, and provide recipients with $10,000-$15,000 in funds for a five-week study tour.
The scholarships give teachers with the opportunity to study their field of expertise at highly acclaimed international schools and centres for teaching and learning.
The scholarships broaden the recipients’ professional horizons and benefit students from the new knowledge, teaching methods and skills brought back to their classrooms.
The program’s corporate partners were thanked for their commitment to education and the broader community at the awards ceremony at Parliament House.
Examples of the scholarships include:
- Premier’s English Teachers Association English Scholarship: Jennifer Dove of Lightning Ridge Central School will study writing practice for secondary English students in remote and rural communities in the USA and Canada.
- Premier’s Early Childhood Education Scholarship: Kate Maslowski from Ruse Public School will study how to create critical, collaborative and creative citizens through playful learning in Australia, Finland, Denmark and the USA.
The Department of Education’s website has information about each scholarship.
2020 Premier’s Teacher Scholarships recipients
Premier’s Anika Foundation Youth Depression Awareness Scholarships
- Tiffany Barreca, Kingsgrove High School, Kingsgrove
- Wayne Humphreys, Baulkham Hills High School, Baulkham Hills
Premier’s Copyright Agency Creativity Across the Curriculum Scholarship
Jane Wilson, Liverpool Boys High School, Liverpool
Premier’s Curriculum Transition Scholarship
Tarley Jones, Henry Kendall High School, West Gosford
Premier’s Early Childhood Education Scholarship
Kate Maslowski, Ruse Public School, Ruse
Premier’s English Teachers Association English Scholarship
Jennifer Dove, Lightning Ridge Central School, Lightning Ridge
Premier’s First State Super Financial Literacy and Capability Scholarship
Rachel Noonan, Warners Bay High School, Warners Bay
Premier’s Hicksons Lawyers Health Education and Wellbeing Scholarship
Sheridan Worthington, Macquarie Fields High School, Macquarie Fields
Premier’s History Teachers Association History Scholarships
- Brett Bennett, Bishop Druitt College, Coffs Harbour
- Emily Shanahan, Northern Beaches Christian School, Terrey Hills
Premier’s Kingold Chinese Language Teacher Scholarship
Ye Liang, West Ryde Public School, West Ryde
Premier’s Language Teacher Scholarship
Katherine Brownlee, Gosford High School, Gosford
Premier’s Mathematical Association of NSW Mathematics Scholarship
Laura Barry, Middle Harbour Public School, Mosman
Premier’s NESA Quality Teaching Scholarship
Sarah Martin, Lomandra School, Campbelltown
Premier’s Reserve Bank of Australia Economics Scholarship
Alexander Symonds, Masada College, St Ives
Premier’s Teachers Mutual Bank Aboriginal Education Scholarship
Sabina Armstrong, Walcha Central School, Walcha
Premier’s Teachers Mutual Bank New and Emerging Technologies Scholarship
Lee Hancock, St Paul’s College, Kempsey
Premier’s University of Sydney Mathematics Scholarship
Jonathan Kim Sing, Galston High School, Galston
Premier’s Vocational Education Scholarships
- Stewart Blomfield, Boorowa Central School, Boorowa
- Jennifer Henriques, Liverpool Girls High School, Liverpool